Monday, June 17, 2019

Holding Hands

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 167: Today, I am grateful we can hold hands.

There is something special about hand holding! It can be a romantic gesture, but I think it is so much more. Palm to palm or one hand over the other with fingers gently intertwined, hand holding says, "We are connected." It feels like, "I am with you." 

Look at this quote from Max Lucado:

"When a father leads his 4-year-old down a crowded street, he takes him by the and and says, 'Hold on to me.'  He doesn't say 'Memorize the map.' or 'Take your chances dodging the traffic.' or 'Let's see if you can find your way home.'  The good father gives the child one responsibility: 'Hold on to my hand.' God does the same with us. "-Max Lucado

There is something reassuring about having a hand to hold and someone to guide us through scary moments, dangerous traffic or intense crowds. 

Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. -Psalm 73:23

The imagery is clear. We are never abandoned or alone. He holds us with His right hand. We can take on the day with courage. 

Today, I am grateful we can hold hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment