Monday, January 13, 2020

Strength Training


 
Daily Gratitude Year 8- Day 13: Today, I am grateful for strength training.
He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great. -Psalm 18:34-35
It is a scripture dear to my heart. I have very little arm strength from an old injury. My nerves are damaged. I can't do heavy lifting without further injury. I have had to learn new ways for simple tasks. I have learned to ask for help and rely on others at times. It is humbling... and frustrating. This scripture is like balm to the soul. 
"He trains my hands".... His training is superior. "He trains my hands for war"... and much more. I can "bend a bow of bronze". Bronze is strong. 
"You have given me the shield of your salvation"... His protection and his right hand for support. Invisible hands keep us safe. 
"Your gentleness made me great." There is a strength in gentleness. It leaves us in awe. Yes,we can practice gentleness. In fact, for most, it takes a little work to master the art of being gentle in word and deed. 
What areas of our lives are places we need to build endurance? Shall we add a little strength training?  When hard things come our way, we want to have some experience in managing trials or troubles.
Today, I am grateful for strength training.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment