Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Trustworthy

Year 8-Day 120: Today, I am grateful for the trustworthy.

When someone or something is trustworthy, it is valuable. Trustworthy seems to be in short supply.


Forgive me.. and this post is never to be political... but for heaven's sake, is there anyone trustworthy in politics? Some days, it feels like we are living in the world of the "Hunger Games" and I am wondering what "District" I live in (a nod to my niece Ciara... your Mom says we think alike).

Mark Twain said this: "Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason." That is all I am going to say about that. 

This season makes me even more grateful for the truly trustworthy people and things in my life. My ugly old stove... that thing is trustworthy. It won't die. My sump pump has proven to be trustworthy(but we do have an Ace in the Hole for back up). My favorite pair of shoes are trustworthy companions for my feet on long days. I have friends and family who are reliable in every way. The Love-of-my-Life is trustworthy and has been a great example for our children. I have so much to be grateful for today. 

Psalm 56... David wrote it when he was taken by the Philistines in Gath. The Philistines had not forgotten David's battle with their star soldier, Goliath so many years before his capture. David must have been scared. Then, he remembered that he was never alone. Not as a shepherd. Not as a boy against a giant of a man. Not when he was captive in the land of his enemies. He knew he was never alone.

"But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you." -Psalm 56:3

David knew his Lord was trustworthy. Not matter his living circumstances. He could find respite in time alone with the God his soul loved. 

In these confusing times, we can trust in the same God who protected and rescued David time and time again. This is a chapter in our lives, it is not the whole story. We can trust the author and perfecter of our faith. 

Today, I am grateful for the trustworthy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment