Sunday, May 3, 2015

Back to the blog...

It seems that the thing I always have to give up when things get full is this blog.  I have a daily gratitude post on Facebook that is a real commitment and this little creative spot is the last to get my time.  Perhaps, I need to merge them.

I am fortunate to be doing another LOAD(Layout A Day) this month with Lain Ehman and my "Scrap sisters" on line. It is a creative bunch of girls who love story telling.  This time...for the first time...I started giving myself "permission" to skip a day.  My goal is 31 in 31 but with Walker graduating, family visiting, Randy traveling off and on...I will NOT let this hobby I adore take from my family time and making the memories I love to write about.  I am keeping it real and whatever happens, happens. Ahhh....sweet freedom. 

That said...the first day was about "musical style".  I am working almost exclusively on Walker's graduation books - so those stories must by told. Yes...it will be a lot of Walker.  I hope you enjoy his stories and photos for the art and the heart. 

This layout tells of his eclectic music style and uses a great Dr. Seuss quote. It fits him and his crazy shoe pairing.  He wanted to pay homage to his Swedish Roots and to his USA birth. I love his confidence and comfort in being his own person. 

Scrapbooking Technique notes:  I chose papers to compliment the road in the photo.  The accent colors were pulled from the shoes. The photos reflect the quote intentionally. Simple, fast and done!  


What is your music style?  Tell that story, today. 

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment