Thursday, April 21, 2016

Glass



Year 4-Day 112:  Today, I am grateful glass...and lessons in glass!  

I prefer to drink out of a glass glass. Everything taste better. 

I am fascinated with sea glass...is just so pretty. 

Stained glass touches my heart for art and lets light dance in colors. 

Glass is full of wonder...but practical, too.
Glass jars have limitless uses.
Glass mirrors provide our reflections (for better or worse)

Glass windows welcome natural light into any room.
Glass tables allow tight spaces to feel more open.
Glass is easy to clean and tougher than it looks.
It helps imperfect eyes see more clearly.
Blown glass is magnificent...in process and in the completed art.
Glass slippers...can change everything...right, Cinderella? 
Glass is transparent...allowing what is on the other side to be "fully seen".


1 Corinthians 13 is the love chapter. I don't think, until today, verse 12 struck me. It talks about the dim mirror of our sight....but what is coming it better. In His time...we will fully see as he "fully sees".
Right now...we could not handle full sight. It would be to much with our earthly limitations. (See...we are aliens...not of this world.)

 "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." -1 Corinthians 13:12

Paul begins in verse 8 with "Love never fails." That means love always wins...it prevails. The trials and trouble of life will come and go.  Prophecies will be fulfilled. Verse 9 says: "For we know in part and we prophesy in part," We know some things and other things we don't know yet.  But when we come face to face with Him...then we will know Him fully as we have been fully known. Pure love. Nothing is hidden. 

We may get dinged up, chipped, cracked or even feel shattered, but He sees us and loves us. We can only partially understand His love right now...but we will. Oh, we will!

In my cabinet, there is a clear glass tea service set that is not perfect...but I love it. Even with the chips, as it was handed down by my Mama and it holds special memories. It is a transparent treasure. Is that how God sees us? 

Transparent...and treasured. He sees us...sees through us (ugh!)...but that seems to only make him love us more. In truth, we are his only creation that was made intentionally imperfect. Now, that I will have to ponder for another day! 

Today, I am grateful glass...and lessons in glass!   

No comments:

Post a Comment