Monday, January 21, 2019

Car Heater Works

Daily Gratitude Year 7 - Day 21: Today, I am grateful my car heater works.

It is -ll (F) with windchill... which translates into -24 (C). That is cold. Wickedly cold! If you have somewhere you have to be today, and your car heater works... you are blessed. 
Some have no car and it is a cold day to be at a bus stop or walking. It is dangerous out there. I find it a huge blessing that many kids are not in school today in honor of Martin Luther King's birthday. If the cold must come, I am grateful the kids are not walking to school or waiting on a bus that is delayed because of the weather. 

For those new to Daily Gratitude. I try to keep it fresh with something brand new, but there are some simple blessings that make my once a year list. A working car heaters is one of those items, because life without them is miserable. We don't think of them as a blessing until they don't work. 

Pause today and give thanks for your working car heater. If you have heated seats or a heated steering wheel, you are living like a king or queen. If you have a heated car blanket (I just learned about these)... any vehicle can be turned into a luxury ride. 

On days like today, comfort and safety must come first. Be careful. Be wise. And, don't forget to sing a song of praise when warm air begins to flow from your car's heat vent. Our ordinary vehicles can become a sanctuary of praise for a God who provides for our needs and so much more. 

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name." -Psalm 100:4

Today, I am grateful my car heater works.


No comments:

Post a Comment