Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Bold Reminders

 Year 8-Day 266: Today, I am grateful for bold reminders.

"One of the great uses of Twitter and Facebook will be to prove at that Last Day that prayerlessness was not from lack of time." -John Piper

Yikes! This quote is a perfect example of a bold reminder. How we spend our time can be documented in many ways. 

I've been tempted, like many others, to step away from Facebook. I love keeping in touch with family, friends and the "Daily Gratitude" crew. On the other side of my internal debate, is it a good use of time? I don't know. 

I do think it keeps people on my mind and in my prayers. I love the humor shared. We all need to laugh. I try to avoid drama. 

Things are getting uglier in the social media world. Truth gets harder to glean. I find myself looking for common sense... which is not so common. 

Look at my "Verse of the Day": 

Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory. -Romans 15:7

One thing I know for sure is that love is an action verb. Love speaks louder than words. Love the person who has a different opinion. Encourage those who act with mercy. Support those who act justly. Love your neighbor as yourself... all your neighbors. Listen as much as you speak (this is hard when you were born into strong opinions). Seek truth. Hope floats, but truth often requires some digging in this modern age. 

Prayer is never wasted time. Time spent on social media... well... finish that for yourself. 

I am truly grateful for those who take the time for daily gratitude. 

Today, I am grateful for bold reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment