Sunday, February 28, 2021

Passion

 

Year 9- Day 59: Today, I am grateful for passion.

"Whatever you do, do well." -Ecclesiastes 9:10a

The wisdom of Solomon always causes me to pause. If you are going to waste minutes of your life doing something, you might as well make the most of those minutes.

My Dad always said, "If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life." Dad loved working the land. He loved building on the farm. He loved giving away Bibles. He loved his work. He wanted clean fields and for us to learn work ethic. 

Mama Ina Mae was an example of the same kind of work ethic. She never shorted students on time when giving music lessons. She showed up for her commitments at church, in community and with family. When she showed up, her hands went to work. She was always welcome, because with her hands came her encouraging heart.  

Passion is doing what you love and loving what you do. I have been blessed with different opportunities in my life to do work I love. Is everyday perfect? No, but every day is a chance to try again to work hard and make a difference.  

Not sure where your passion lies? Hobbies are a great place to explore our passions. Take the time to explore. If your work path cannot change, use time outside of work to explore what makes your soul sing. 

Today, I am grateful for passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment