Monday, July 12, 2021

Interstate Highway System

 Year 9-Day 191: Today, I am grateful for the interstate highway system.

From our farm we could see the lights of I-57 at night. The moving headlights were almost as mesmerizing as the starry night sky. From our suburban village, we can see 1-74, with the exit just minutes from our home.
Growing up on the roads less traveled, the Interstate could take us to exciting places alive with new adventures. We could be to Chicago’s Lake Shore Drive in under an hour with all of it’s traffic and magic. I-57 was the road to museums, zoos, aquariums, art and shopping.
As an adult, the Interstate road system saves us time and nearly guarantees places to eat and stay on our way. They are well marked with sights to see and signs reminding us to exit.
I don’t remember a time without the interstate system, but it has grown in my lifetime. Each time a new road is in place, travel gets easier. I love exploring local spots… after we reach our destination.
Hard to believe Jesus lived his life within a thirty mile walking radius. So different from how we live today. What hasn’t changed is the importance of finding the right road to get where you are going.
We still need to know the way.
“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. “-John 14:6
Today, I am grateful for the interstate highway system.

No comments:

Post a Comment