Thursday, March 10, 2011
"Forever Young" Cards
This is definitely one of my most used cartridges. I think the girls are so fun to dress and my favorite way to dress them is on a black silhouette.
The orange and pink graduation card has "Always remember your faith, your manners...and the way home. This is the custom quote over my back entrance that we all use. I think it is perfect for graduations.
The sentiment of this card speaks to my soul. Who wouldn't rather shop that exercise?
Whatever the reason, or the season...there is a lady in waiting on the "Forever Young" cartridge. I love to glitz and bling the clothes. My favorite technique to add glitter is to:
1. Run the image through the Xyron face down (yes....sticky will be on the front)
2. Take your Pampered Chef Scrapper or the one that comes in the Cricut assessory kit and rub it over the top of the images before removing the the top layer. (This rubbing process seems to insure the adhesive is well adhered to the back of your image and it comes off much cleaner)
3. Gently remove from the waxy paper and cover with glitter. This is the best and cleanest way I have found to get glitter that STICKS and STAYS. I highly recommed an ULTRAfine glitter like "Glitter Ritz"
4. Run the image through the Xyron a second time to achieve adhesive on the back.
5. Place on your project. Step back and admire your own creativity.