Saturday, March 12, 2011

Forever Young...Saturday Girls







I am going to have to put these girls back in the box and play with something new...I don't want to bore you. These are new cards that I made with this old favorite. I just love the Coredinations black/white core zebra print. It makes it more sassy.

I have not placed a sentiment inside - I thought about "Happy Birthday, from one fabulous babe to another!" or "Hang in there, sister!" for encouragement.

I love to add bling and the inside of the card needs more than just a sentiment (in my opinion). I love to bring the front of the card inside for artistic balance...and fun. After all...this is all about the love and the fun of playing with paper, scissors, glue, glitter, Cricut and Sizzix toys.











This black daisy paper from Making Memories is really easy to use on many different projects.








Use the "multiples" button on your Cricut and save yourself time. If you have some elements pre-made...you can put a card together in the wink of an eye and everyone will think you slaved over it all morning. (Remember the Rice Crispies comercial where the mom throws flour on her face before serving the Rice Crispies Treats? Same idea!)






As you can see...this is along the same theme. I made this for my closest girlfriend that is like a sister to me. We have been friends since college and have weathered lifes many storms together. She is 9 months older than me and I never let her foget it. She got married first...she had a baby first...and every year, she gets older first. She got a tickle out of it, as intended.




I hope you enjoy these girls and I promise the next time I will work from another Cricut cartridge.

Happy Saturday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment