Friday, May 20, 2016

Gray Haired Promises

Gratitude Year 4-Day 142: Today I am grateful for promises to the gray haired.

I am sure he loves those who refuse to go gray gracefully, too!  God created me to be blonde... and my local hair artist...for the past decade and a half keeps me that way. If I have gray...you will never hear it from Cori. :) 

I love this promise:

"even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save." -Isaiah 46:4

From cradle to casket...or the trumpet sounding...we are His. The one who made us will carry us when we are hurt, tired or simply soul weary. 

The one who holds our tomorrows will rescue us from the depths of the pit... even if we landed ourselves there. Now, His timing is his to decide. His clock is not a 24 hour clock. Still, the promise is true.  Rescues come in many ways.  

Whatever our time locked 24 hour period may hold on this day...we are never, ever alone.  

One of the great lessons I continue to learn on my path to experience, recognize, submit and trust the sovereignty of God is that...  he is going to keep giving me the lesson until it sticks. 

Things I know in this moment...I forget. Thus, another opportunity to relearn it will arrive. He doesn't change. We do. Our quirks, weaknesses and struggles he views with a father's deep and everlasting love. Still, he reminds that He is God. Wrapped in his love, we can't forget his justice or fail to be moved by his mercy. He never fails. He does take his time. He does discipline those he loves. 

   remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other;  I am God, and there is none like me,  declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, -Isaiah 46:9-10

From the beginning to the end. The Alpha and Omega. He is God. "To infinity and beyond!" 

Stand firm...he knows us. Rest in confidence. He's got this.  He's got you. 

Oh, my Earworm is awake and so annoying at times.  He is currently singing "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands". Really, Earworm? Where did that come from? It wouldn't have been my first request this morning, but the meaning is clear and it reflects the truth in His word this morning. It is a clear image of a big God holding a tiny blue planet that bears life. 

Perhaps, Earworm could change to "God of Wonders". I love that one. Isn't is a wonder that His love is so deep, so wide and so...eternal. He loves us. With or without hair. He loves us in every color he created. He loves us at first breath and at our last one on earth. He is there when we take our first breath of Heaven. 

Today I am grateful for promises to the gray haired....and to those who cover their gray (if you know anyone who dabbles in hair coloring).  



No comments:

Post a Comment