Sunday, April 29, 2018

Chosen & Appointed

Daily Gratitude Year 6- Day 119: Today, I am grateful to be chosen and appointed. 

I don't think I was scarred for life by PE, but let's just say that in most cases, I was not picked first, second or even third if a ball was involved in the sport. I thanked God for Judy Prior who threw some dance activities into the PE exercises. She only asked that we try and do our best... and she wanted us to be kind to each other. 

I can't help but smile when I remember her. Cancer took her at a young age, but she was one of the big influences in my middle school years.She was positive and always smiling. I thought she was beautiful... and she was. There was a glow about her. She could light up a room. She wanted no child to feel unimportant or rejected.  

Being chosen feels good. It is affirming. Being rejected causes deep hurts. Our Heavenly Father never wants us to doubt our value in his eyes.  

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you." -John 15:16

I chose you! 

Like a groom chooses his bride... thoughtfully and carefully. Knowing the strengths and struggles she brings to the marriage. Loved, chosen, treasured and full of potential through their union in marriage. In truth, the bride chooses him back. Even in arranged marriages, I've heard it said and seen first hand, that when there is commitment and choosing on both sides, hearts open and what was once arranged transcends into a very real, deep love match. 

Many of us have very real struggles, not knowing why the God of the Universe would have any interest in man, but the truth began in Genesis. "In His image", we were made. He longs for a relationship to be built. One that is real and deep. 

Knowing Him and being known... is their anything sweeter? Savor the moment. Savor the wonder. 

Today, I am grateful to be chosen and appointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment