Saturday, March 2, 2019

Faithful Hearts

Daily Gratitude Year 7 - Day 61: Today, I am grateful for faithful hearts. 

“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities. -Luke 16:10

We live in a world that is full of distractions and shiny things. It is easy to be sucked into the chaos and lose sight of what really matters. 

What really matters? Our relationship with Christ and our relationships with others. Everything else is fleeting. 

King Solomon used the word "meaningless" His wealth and power, attained through his gift of Godly wisdom, were unmatched, yet he found all of his full storehouses to be very "empty" as they bulged at the seams. Once the stuff was attained, it was just stuff. Meaningless. 

Solomon's declaration that wealth and things are empty without the relationships for which we were designed... with God and each other. Jesus reminded us to be faithful in small things and all things. Don't worry about tomorrow. Trust him with one day at a time. 

"I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." Philippians 3:12-14

We are not in a sprint... it is a marathon. When we run the race together, we are encouraged and inspired to keep going. Press on. 

Today, I am grateful for faithful hearts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment