Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Step Stools

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 183: Today, I am grateful for step stools. 

I'm short (5'4"). Jill used to tease me that we were only best friends because she could reach the things on the high, high shelves that I could not. Okay... she might have been a little right, but I would have loved her if she was short, too. Her 5'10.5" was very convenient. 

Today, I have been cleaning and a step stool is so helpful. There are so many places I cannot reach. A step stool is sturdy and more safe than climbing on a chair. 

I am reminded of Zacchaeus who was short, too. He wanted to see Jesus, but with tall people in the crowd, he took to the tree. 

He tried to get a look at Jesus, but he was too short to see over the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree beside the road, for Jesus was going to pass that way. When Jesus came by, he looked up at Zacchaeus and called him by name. “Zacchaeus!” he said. “Quick, come down! I must be a guest in your home today.”-Luke 19:3-5
Zacchaeus knew being short was inconvenient, but where there is a desire, there is a way. Taking to the tree that day changed everything for him. Everything. He went from being notorious to victorious. 

Zacchaeus made use of a tree... at home, we use a step stool. My victories on a step stool aren't as sweet as seeing Jesus, but they are good. 

Today, I am grateful for step stools

No comments:

Post a Comment