Wednesday, September 25, 2019

My People

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 269: Today...I am grateful to be called "My People". 

To be loved and belong is a human desire that goes soul deep. Nothing hurts like rejection. God made man in His own image. Rejection hurts us deeply, just as it does Him. Still, he continues to pursue a relationship with the ones who have broken His heart over and over again... including me. 

We want to be better, to do better and to be a better example of His love and mercy, but we mess up sometimes. This verse never gets old:

"...and I will sow her for myself in the land. And I will have mercy on No Mercy, and I will say to Not My People, ‘You are my people’; and he shall say, ‘You are my God.’” -Hosea 2:23

He keeps His promises. We shall be called His people. He chooses us to be beloved ones, knowing our shortcomings and infidelities. Crazy love? Yes, but that is who He is. The ones who would have "no mercy" are chosen as the bride of the groom. The bridegroom's love seems infinite and unwavering. He knows who He has chosen and will not give up on her. 

When she... the imperfect bride... stands condemned by her sins before the bridegroom's father, he pleads her case. Here is my verse of the day... not my choosing, but what I opened up when finishing this post:

 "My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous." -1 John 2:1

We are His people.Not by anything we have done; in spite of all we have failed to do. He redeems those who chose Him back, kneel and say, "You are my God." 

Today...I am grateful to be called "My People".

No comments:

Post a Comment