Friday, January 21, 2022

When the Key Fits

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10 - Day 21: Today, I am grateful when the key fits. 

I know we live in an age when traditional keys are used less and less. There is something about an old fashion key that is simple, satisfying and not impacted by electrical outages or network failures. Yes, an old fashioned key still has worth. 

This week, I needed to use some keys I rarely use. A couple of times I wasn't sure which key I needed. Some of my labels had fallen off or time had passed and I forgot which one I needed. When I finally had the right key, success was swift and easy. 

Looking for a lost or misplaced key is never fun. I wonder how many hours of my life have been spent looking for my car keys? Newer car fobs mean fewer lost keys for me. It never leaves my purse and I don't even have to dig for it. Oh the joy in finding lost keys!

I love this scripture:

"I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave." -Revelation 1:18

The truth is, with keys, there is no deception. It fits, or it doesn't. Too many people walked with , talked with and spent time with Jesus after his resurrection to pretend it didn't happen. Too many saw the risen Savior. Many people were stunned by His announcement that he came that all might be saved, Jews and Gentiles. It was unexpected. 

Jesus is the key that unlocked the prophecies. Lessons learned and taught for years. "Those with ears let them hear." Many refused to hear, look and live.  He was the key that finally fit. And, we live in the grace of His choices that unlocked life, love and heaven for all who choose to believe and receive. (Earworm is singing "Wonderful the matchless grace of Jesus." )

He doesn't just hold the keys... He is the key... the key that fits! 

Today, I am grateful when the key fits.


No comments:

Post a Comment