Thursday, June 28, 2012

I remember...

So this is a little outside of my favorite colors but it was a "vintage" photo form around 1968 and the colors seemed right.  This layout is digitial but the silhouetted children are my favorite element and could easily be pulled form your Cricut "A Child's Year".

Quick shout out to that cartridge...you look at the back of the box and think "What would I need that for?" but it is full of gems that are just the right choice for an assortment of pages from vintage photos to 4th of July celebrations. It is more than a "kids" cartridge and if you do have kids - it works for those "child-like moments" in your older children's lives because it is just a little more sophisticated.

The muted colors are not my "go to" colors - but I think they worked for the feeling I was going for here. It is one of the few pictures I have from my childhood so it is a treasure.  It is even better because my little sister, who died in 1995, is in it.  I look at us and see that our Walker is definitely from our gene pool. My little brother was no yet on the scene, but Walker is a Mini-Matt in so many ways.

This page was a result of a prompt by Lain Ehmann's "Your Story Matters 2012" prompt "I remember". It was fun to think about the things that have come and gone in my lifetime or are at risk of disappearing due to new and improved methods or technology. Old television shows are woven into our memories. The ways we communicate are ever-changing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this layout is fantastic!!! I love everything about it! Your journaling is amazing. I love the colors and that silhouette is beautiful! You hit the ball out of the ballpark on this one Valerie!!

    ReplyDelete