Friday, February 12, 2016

God Goggles






Year 4-Day 43: Today...I am grateful for forward vision...God goggles. 

My friend, Julie, posted this on Facebook yesterday.  It absolutely stopped me in my tracks.  It put to words...with a picture...the truth that God has a big story...a big picture... and a purpose.  

We are all part of that story and our choices determine the end.  The reality that the smallest details of our chapters...our "stories within "The Story"...are details he sees and holds in His mighty hand...that leave me breathless. 

He knows what we do not know.  He sees what we do not see.  His God Goggles see all. Still, He loves.

1 Corinthians 13:6-7  it (love) does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

He sees our naked hearts.

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” -1 Samuel 16:7 

Yes... the Lord knowing my heart and thoughts...humbling right? Still, every fiber of truth that runs through the Word of God is a reminder that this is a love story we are living in this very moment in history. A long love story. He reminds us that love provides: 

But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?- Matthew 6:30 

Yes, he knows our needs and years before the need arrives...he has :planted a tree". Joseph's story is a beautiful example.  It all began when he boasted to his brothers about his Dad's favoritism toward him and ended at the bottom of a well. 

The story ends well with him saving his family, his people and all of Egypt...but there are some tough chapters in the middle. Fearful times. Discouraging seasons.  Long years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. Still, God was working out his plan.  

Earworm is awake and singing "I AM" by Ginny Owens. It has long been a message of encouragement to my soul. 

I AM
No Lord, he said, you've got the wrong guy.
Simple conversation gets me tongue-tied.
And you're telling me to speak with a maniac king.
Could it be I've lost my mind?
And besides, I am weak, don't you want someone strong,
To lead them out of Egypt when they've been there so long?
And anyway, they won't believe You ever spoke to me.


That's not your problem, God replied. 
And the rest is history.
There's a bigger picture you can't see.
You don't have to change the world, just trust in me.
'Cause I am your creator, I am working out my plan,
And through you I will show them, I Am.


Now Lord, are you sure? He's just a shepherd boy,
Too small for battle gear with a giant to destroy.
What on earth can he do with five stones and a sling?


That's not your problem, God replied.
'Cause I can do anything.
There's a bigger picture you can't see.
You don't have to change the world, just trust in me.
'Cause I am your creator, I am working out my plan,
And through you, I will show them, 
I Am the first, I Am the last,
I Am the present and the past,
I Am tomorrow and today,
I Am the only way.


Great Lord, she said, I'm just a simple girl.
You say that I will bring your son into the world.
How can I understand this thing You're gonna do?


That's not your problem, God replied.
'Cause, there's a bigger picture,
And you don't have to change the world.
I'm your creator, I am working out my plan.
And through you, I will show them, 
There's a bigger picture, you can't see.
You don't have to change the world, just trust in me.
I'm your creator, I am working out my plan,
And through you, I will show them, I Am.


If it is new to you...here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrEIM8gWxTo

He planted the tree Zaccheus would need to see Jesus.  He protected Moses...put him in an unusual position that would give him a unique voice. He saw David not as the youngest child...but the future warrior and King. He knows our broken past but sees our destiny as we let Him lead. Joseph endured mistreatment, lack of justice and slavery...but would end up in the palace saving lives...including his father he loved and the brothers who had sold him into slavery.  

God's goggles and God's timing are not the same as ours. 

Courage. Vision. Grace.  So much to be thankful for today. 

Today...I am grateful for forward vision...and God goggles...even when it makes no sense to me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment