Friday, June 16, 2017

Be Daring

 Valerie Lindgren Smith  using "Forever Joy Designs images
Year 5 - Day 166: Today, I am grateful we can choose to be daring.

"Darling, be daring."

What a great word of encouragement. This scripture was whispered in my ear as I read this quote today, and I smiled.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. -2 Timothy 1:7

There are days I am boldly reminded, I have so much more to grow and learn. We continue to be a work in progress.

Depending on how long you have been reading daily gratitude, you may or may not know... I am chicken by nature. I am a safety girl with a plan A and a plan B... although I am happy to be surprised by a plan C.

I know that with Him, I can do and go through hard things. Still, I don't always seek to be bold. I like gentle. I am happy with calm and comfortable. I enjoy smooth waters... I get sea-sick. How much goodness do I miss as I cling to the safety of the shore?

To chase and seek the kingdom of God, we have to pick up our swords, face a few battles, walk a little dangerously and follow Him. Jesus says, "Come, follow me."

We don't go alone. "I am with you."
We don't go unprotected in the shelter of His wings.
We were born for some adventure, and it makes our souls sing.
Some of us... like me... need a push or a pull to get out of the boat.

Sometimes, in being daring, we may not always achieve the expected outcome or goal. Our ways are not his ways. Still, each time we learn something new, the experience is not a total failure, right? In fact, what feels like a loss, might be training for what comes next. Isn't it good to know our God is faithful even when we are confused by situations or circumstance.

At the end of our day... and the end of our strength, his strength is sufficient.

The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. - Psalm 103:13

Tender and compassionate to those who revere him as Lord. We can be daring because He is our enough. 

Today, I am grateful we can choose to be daring.

No comments:

Post a Comment