Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The Edit

Year 5 - Day 164: Today, I am grateful for a good edit.

"Edit your life frequently and ruthlessly. It's your masterpiece after all." - Unknown 

We all need to be tweaked at times. Other times, we need a major edit. If something isn't working, change it. 

We were designed to be in relationship with our God but he gave us the superpower of choice. How often do we forget to use it? I know I do. 

Our lives are our gift back to God... our living daily sacrifice.. that is evidence of relationship and seeking His face. In seeking his heart, some things will eventually be edited out. Not all the things that don't make the cut are bad, they are simply no longer a priority. 

Some things that once seemed natural human pursuits, now feel wrong. As we change the Lordship in our lives, some things will be added and other things left behind. It is okay to edit. What once worked, doesn't anymore. 

What are we seeking? Who are we looking for? 

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord -Jeremiah 29:11-14

When we seek Him with our whole hearts, we will find Him and begin to see his will. When we find him, relationship requires a response. Some changes make perfect sense. Others are not as easy to leave to in his hand, but in doing so, things turn out better. 

We can  make him our editor in chief, the one who helps us figure out what stays and what gets left behind on the edit room floor. I don't always love every minute of the process, but the His results are always good. Far better than doing life on my own. 

Today, I am grateful for a good edit and the Editor in Chief who makes everything better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment