Thursday, April 25, 2024

Painted Rocks

 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 106: Today, I am grateful for painted rocks. 

Painting rocks and hiding them was a thing for a while. They are fun to find. 

Growing up, we spent time looking for rocks, hoping for arrowheads, and fossils. We always found cool rocks. Never a woolly mammoth or T-Rex, but a kid can dream.

Sitting down to create something from nothing, it is always good for my soul. Even if it is not an artistic masterpiece.

I need to try some rock painting. This little cottage in the picture is so cute. 

I cannot help but think of "The Painted Desert" when I think of painted rocks. Or what about  the amazing colorful stones found within the rock? This passage mentions lapis and gold:

"Here the rocks contain precious lapis lazuli, and the dust contains gold." -Job 28:6

Today, I am grateful for painted rocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment