Friday, June 10, 2016

Miracle of Seed

Daily Gratitude Year 4-Day 162: Today, I am grateful for the miracle of the seed. 


Can you tell I am enjoying nature? 

My purple hyacinth bean vine has finally started to grow and climb. I seeds come from the "bean pod" and are truly not very big.  It amazes me that such a hearty vine results. 

The first seedlings to spout were some bugs breakfast, lunch and dinner... but a quick replant and a little rain and we are seeing new life. The vine is beginning to climb. 

Seeds are a wonder to me. I never get over the awe. Fifty pound bags of seed become rows and acres of corn and beans. Somehow, the hard shell of the seed is penetrated once it is buried in fertile soil, awakened with the sun's warm light... and watered with life giving rain. What was once hard and dead comes to life. 

No worries. No fretting. Simply following our Creator's natural design. He is a God who likes order...and whimsy. So, he gave us both when he gave us the seed. 

He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” (a)  -Matthew 17:20  

Interesting footnote: (a) Some manuscripts insert verse 21But this kind never comes out except by prayer and fasting. 

Hmm..that is interesting.  I do love footnote.

Through prayer and fasting (fasting is something I should practice more) mustard seed faith develops. I have friends who practice this combination regularly. 

I know that the hard shell of my heart is cracked when I kneel in prayer. His Word feeds me like daily bread...it is my manna... and sustains me like fertile soil when times get tough. The Son's light guides my days. He is "living water". 

Mustard seed faith develops when we bury ourselves in Him. 

Today, I am grateful for the miracle of the seed. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment