Monday, December 5, 2016

First Snow

Daily Gratitude Year Four-Day 339: Today, I am grateful our first snow was a beautiful, gentle snow. 

To awake Sunday to snow falling was a surprise. A call for snow in the weather can mean waking up to something that is more like a mix of rain and know. 

Not yesterday.  Big fluffy flake that clung to the landscape grass and the tree branches. It was beautiful. The remains of the golden leaves on our maple would fall intermittently with the snow. Gorgeous. 

Fall clings... but winter whispers, "I am here.". The leaves cling until they can hold on now more. The weight of the snow brings them down... onto the snow covered ground below. It was almost as if Winter said, "Thank you for your splendor... let me catch you as you lay down and rest. I will catch you. I've got you covered.

God's creation is so beautiful. A Sabbath snow meant we could savor it and snuggle in with a fire for the evening. It has me singing, "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas.". This kind of beauty... a mix of seasons... is rare. Pure delight. White. Gold. And... a hint of green for a pop of color. 

No one stranded... a gentle snow. No bitter winds. No reason to fret. Simply a a day to enjoy nature's splendor. 

Today, I am grateful our first snow was a beautiful, gentle snow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment