Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Redirecton

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 283: Today, I am grateful for re-direction. 

I love 2 and 3 year olds... one at a time. They are full of purpose, questions and wonder. The best thing about them, is that most can be redirected to something better and safer if we choose to offer more than a "No". There is nothing they enjoy more than something new... on their own terms. 

I am not ignoring their very real fear based responses to new faces and new places. But for most, their agenda can be halted and redirected. It is how we keep them safe when they are too young for a rational and reasonable conversation. "No" is valuable and they need to learn it is for their well being and safety, not to quench their zest for life. 

I wonder if God feels the same way when he redirects us? There are times we get a flat out "no" for our well-being. Other times, it seems he is redirecting. What we believe is good... God knows is not the best route to take. Only he knows how the big picture... and how each of our "short stories" impact His plan for reconciliation and restoration. 

Look at this quote:

"As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought i was being REJECTED from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better." - Chip Ingram

Solomon supports it with this scripture. 

Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life. You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.-Proverbs 19:20-11

"But the Lord's purpose will prevail." God is good.Still, I must remember that while I am making plans, HE has a purpose. It is kind of like the game, "Good, Better, Best". You can make a trade... and he gives us free will... but in that free will we have the responsibility to figure out what it good, what is better and what is best.  

It takes us back to submitting daily to his direction that is offered through his Spirit. (Romans 12:1) Then, being willing to respond to redirection that is clearly from His hand. How we respond... with pouting or with joy ... is a choice, too. 

Oh, yes. I've pouted. And, I've accepted new adventures with joy. My pouting doesn't change his goodness or his purpose. Choosing gratitude unlocks the storehouse of all he has to offer. My sight is limited to what is in front of me. He sees eternity.   

Today, I am grateful for re-direction





No comments:

Post a Comment