Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Kind Cashiers

 Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 345- Today, I am grateful for kind cashiers.  

They are a part of our world many times a week. If we purchase goods, we encounter cashiers. A kind cashier can make your day.

I am not a fan of self-checkouts. I fight with the machines, the bar codes do not always work, and they waste my time. I love a checkout with a beautiful, breathing, brainy human at the helm. 

Today, I had several places I needed to go for work. At every encounter, the people at the register were kind, helpful, and they knew their job. I love to watch them showing kindness to the elderly who rely on their trips to the grocery store for human contact. Cashiers become their friends. It is sweet to watch. 

So much of this world has turned to technology. I know it makes life easier at so many levels, I hope we don't lose the human factor. One soul reaching out to another is still a thing of beauty. 

"Those who are kind benefit themselves, but the cruel bring ruin on themselves." -Proverbs 11:17

Today, I am grateful for kind cashiers.   

No comments:

Post a Comment