Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Bring Me A Solution

Image Credit to Angie Keiser  Fashion by Mayhem
Daily Gratitude Year 4-Day 272: Today, I am grateful for those who say "bring me a solution". 

Creative thinking is such a unique and amazing part of the human experience. You know I believe it came with our soul breath and is in his image. 

Yesterday, I stumbled on a blog spot by a mom raising a nearly 7 year old daughter.  For years, she has been fascinated with fashion - from story book characters to red carpet runway. She is adorable!

This image is my favorite (her parents are photographers). I can feel the joy and hear her singing.

Check out her Mom's blogspot and enjoy  www.fashionbymayhem.com . 

It is full of wonder, fun and inspiration. As long as Mayhem (not her real name) could make her designs from mostly paper and found household/re-purposed items... and it continues to be fun... she has full parental support. 

What struck me the most was that her mother, Angie Keiser,  shared how she manages little Mayhem's design challenges.  This is what she tells her when her little girl comes for help: "Bring me a solution.".  

Everyone needs a little help sometimes. But, instead of rescuing Mayhem or doing it for her... the rule is that she must come for help with a solution in mind.  What a great parenting technique! Teaching a child to think for themselves and to solve their own problems... brilliant! 

Her parents are not unwilling to help... but growing this child in confidence, in self knowledge of all the gifts she have been given...and lets her embrace her uniqueness. 

It made me think. I wonder if that is how our God is often able to do greater things in our lives. The struggle  is part of the process. We have to need him to learn to know him. His help is always there, but if it were too easy, he would cheat us out of the joy of problem solving. We are...  after all... in His image.  

When I think of the creativity he used in solving the problem of sin and a broken relationship... I am in awe. Yes, He came for relationship restoration and to be the solution to the problem of sin. Still, we have to have active participation in the process. Without it, we would not really learn to embrace his grace... but would likely take it for granted. 

Mayhem creates her designs with mostly paper and tape. Jesus is our sin solution... his sacrifice and his blood... but we have to figure it out on our own and how to apply it to our life.  He is waiting to help, at the moment of confession that we know the solution, but we need His help. His forgiveness and saving grace. New life in Christ... it feels fabulous.  

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. - Isaiah 61:10 

Now, that is a gown to be imagined!

The process is part of the sin solution. The gift of God is salvation that is active and real... and freeing. Throw up your hands and spin.  

Today, I am grateful for those who say "bring me a solution"... and Jesus who is the solution. 


No comments:

Post a Comment