Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Mixed Fonts - Clearer Message

Daily Gratitude Year 4-Day 271: Today, I am grateful for mixed fonts and clearer messages.

I adore words and definitions. Right after that...fonts. In the past...in the earlier home computer years... I have been put on font restrictions in the past when computers space was more limited.  Now, I get to keep all the fonts I want.  Oh, happy day! 


Mixing fonts helps add whimsy, but more importantly, it can create a clearer message. I found this image on designs by Nicolina and it caught my attention. Yes...the mix is just more interesting... but it seems to simplify the message. 

Mixing fonts is a rich part of art, the written word and in the Bible Journaling community. Hand drawn, stamped, stickers or even stencils can give us variety. On the computer, the font list can easily reach over 500.  All the varieties and then a "bold" or "Italics" to add more clarity. 

Today is a great day to grab some note cards (Common 4X6 index) or a blank journal and write a scripture in mixed fonts. Read a scripture, pray it, ask God to let it speak and then write it down. I just heard on the radio that a recent stud shows that doodling while learning increases retention. I have lived that experience in my school days, and now as I journal God's word in artistic ways... His Word speaks. 

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. - Hebrews 4:12 

If I were mixing fonts on this scripture... and adding doodles... THE WORD OF GOD might be big and bold. Living...active... and sharper are key. A sword doodle piercing a heart that is divided into souls and spirit. Joints and marrow.( God knew blood was made in the bone marrow...science had not yet discovered that truth. Something to think about)  Thoughts and intentions of the heart means more hearts to doodle and a thought cloud. All with mixed fonts. 

Anyway...that is a simple gratitude for a Tuesday  I am going to simply be grateful for mixed fonts and the many ways we can use them. 

Today, I am grateful for mixed fonts and clearer messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment