Monday, October 31, 2016

Another year







Daily Gratitude Year Four-Day 302: Today, I am grateful for another day...the possibility of another full year to live gratefully... and a few specific things.
The beauty of this image that reminds me that as time is marked in different ways. Irregular rings. Each one is full of stories. So much life in one year and much of it will be forgotten. It is how we live that matters. Today, marks the completion of a ring a the start of a new one. It is a gift.
"I will fulfill the number of your days." Exodus 23:26 b
This day... and plenty of daily bread (including some sweets... homemade caramels and cupcakes from favorite friends).
A hot shower and clean water. (these blessings beyond my understanding as I have always had both available)
A short lived illness over the weekend that made me rest.
Seeing both boys and my soon to be daughter.
The sweetest cards from loved ones.
The Cubbies won at Wrigley last night. The fans singing at the end made me cry as they showed so many showing respect to their senior parents and grandparents sitting with them. The Wrigley house was full of Grandmas.
Halloween at our Junior High... no the kids don't dress up. The staff does.
Neighborhood treasured children and some church sweeties will knock at my door for some candy tonight. Love it. If they stop at my neighbor, Susie's, first... I sometimes receive birthday wishes.
Another day...the possibility of another full year to live gratefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment