Friday, April 28, 2017

A Fragrant Offering

Daily Gratitude Year 5- Day 118: Today, I am grateful for another chance to make a fragrant offering. 

Some days stink. Some days, I stink. Other days, I am reminded that my choices  and my attitude are my scent offering to God and it impacts others. 

I need this verse this morning.  I am going to do my best to cling to it. Focusing on "the aroma" we exude can be a way to realign our mental status for whatever craziness the day may bring. 

I thank God that in his design, he only gave one tongue. Keeping one bridled is tough enough.  It gets in the way of some of the best laid plans. 

How will we face this day? We have clear instructions for daily living in Ephesians.  

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. -Ephesians 5:1-2

"As Christ loved us and gave himself up for us..." Oh, those are big shoes to fill. The equivalent of 3 inch heels. Not impossible, but a challenge. One that requires concentration, thought and prayer. 

I'm scent sensitive. It is a blessing and a curse. Faintly pleasant aromas are captured, as well as the bold. I can let it be a reminder to check my scent... like I check my deodorant. 

Today, I am grateful for another chance to make a fragrant offering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment