Thursday, February 2, 2023

Coats

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven- Day 33: Today, I am grateful for coats.

It has been really cold this week, but today the sun was shining bright. The cold is so much more manageable with the sun. 

This week, our coats were not just a way to keep comfortable - they were a necessity. The temperatures were so low but by God's grace, we didn't have big winds to fight. That, too, made the cold more bearable. 

I am famous for holding on to coats too long. They are not something I enjoy shopping for or buying. I don't love wearing them, but the Midwest winters require them. Still, I will choose gratitude for the blessing of my coat. 

I have noticed that the winter days are more bearable when we are properly dressed. This image cracked me up.  

A coat shared is a special gift when the weather takes you by surprise. In Bible times, they would take someone's cloak as security on a loan, but they would return it for the cold of the night. Isn't that interesting? 

"If you take your neighbor’s cloak as security for a loan, you must return it before sunset. This coat may be the only blanket your neighbor has. How can a person sleep without it? " -Exodus 22:26-27

Whether you enjoy them or not, coats are a blessing. 

Today, I am grateful for coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment