Sunday, August 20, 2017

Glimpses of His Goodness

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 230: Today, I am grateful for glimpses of His goodness. 

I sometimes get overwhelmed by all the voices, messages and to-do lists. Then, it is as if God places a semicolon in my day, so that I can't ignore His goodness. He brings me to a pause... and then a connected thought. 

"Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you." - Max Lucado 

Intimate moments that remind us not just of His power and grace, but his magnificent, beauty crafting hands. He is the creator and the cre ated sing his praises. 

Perhaps every believer comes to a season of life when they wonder if they will come to the end of their dash, or will the Lord return first? There signs and wonders... in the skies and in the political pages of the news. I don't claim to understand prophecy, but I am confident that with each spin of the globe, we come closer to that day. 

Recently, they have been making leaps and bounds in archeological excavations, due to new technology. Images from space are helping locate and recover ancient ruins. This has always been something that fascinates me, but recently, I savor hearing how times they were sure the Bible was inaccurate... then, a new discovery correlates with the written Word of God. Imagine that? 

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. -Psalm 16:8

In His time, he reveals all things. Faith is built on what is unseen, but it is good when there is new archeological evidence to support what we believed and trusted to be true. 

Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”  "I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.' As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it -Luke 19:39-41

The rocks will cry out... perhaps, archeology is just that. The once buried rocks telling a story... giving up their well kept secrets.  

Other times, his artistry is evident in nature.  He offers a sunset or a field of flowers just to make us smile. 
Today, I am grateful for glimpses of His goodness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment