Sunday, August 27, 2017

Another Enough

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 239: Today, I am grateful for another "enough". 

Somewhere on the path to knowing him better and trusting him more comes a particular ah-ha moment.

And to wake up knowing that God is on my side is enough. 

Enough. My one, little word to focus on for the year, that I haven't mentioned much. I still have much to learn. I loved this reminder, today.

Knowing God is on my side is kind of a big deal. Although, I must be sure that I am on God's side, too. 

Is my relationship with him a top priority? Am I moving closer to his heart and trusting Him for every need? Do I let him be my enough or do I chase worldly wants and things? 

I still have a closet that is way too full and cupboards, too. For me... it is not always about wanting more, but learning to let go of what is no longer necessary. 

I am always a bit fascinated by the way Jesus called his disciples. So often, it was a simple "Come. Follow me." There was no waiting and not time of preparation. It was a simple "yes" or "no" for those who could not take the leap of faith.  

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!" -Isaiah 26:3

Where are my thoughts fixed when anxiety rises?

"But now the Lord my God has given me peace on every side;"-1 Kings 5:4a

He grants peace to those who seek his wisdom, as he did with King Solomon. People came from across the world to seek Solomon's wise and Godly counsel. We still read and put to use his teachings in Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, today. God was, is and will continue to be enough, when we seek his face.

"in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you." -2 Timothy 13b-14

Guard the good! It is what the Holy Spirit does. It stirs us to find contentment in the enough. The Spirit teaches us to trust his hand and provision... and settle into a life of gratitude and joy.  

Today, I am grateful for another "enough" lesson.





No comments:

Post a Comment