Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Heartsong

 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 275: Today, I am grateful for my heart song.

"I've realized the most important luxuries in my life are family, slow mornings, home-cooked meals, evening conversations, being in nature, and expressing myself through creativity." 

When I read this quote, it struck me that it could be summed up in fewer words. I rarely opt for fewer words, but this is "my heart song." It is the things that matter. The ones that strike a chord deep inside of us. 

A long time ago I heard another quote, "A friend knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you forget." 

What are the things that make our souls sing? Find them and exercise them. Practice them daily. Now that the boys are men, I miss evening dinners around the table we shared when they were still under our roof. Those days were exhausting at times, but precious. Anytime we gather around a table to share, it feels like something special. 

In the autumn of the year, many hearts turn to thanksgiving. Making gratitude a daily practice is good for our souls all year long. Time spent being intentionally grateful is never wasted. 

"I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart;  before the gods I sing your praise;" -Psalm 138:1

Today, I am grateful for my heart song.

No comments:

Post a Comment