Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Echoes 7/18


Daily Gratitude Year 4- Day 199: Today, I am grateful for echoes.
Aren't echoes amazing? I think so. Old family photos show how genes echo into the next generation. Everything from facial features ... to a walk or the the way someone talks.
Sound pitched into the canyon returns in waves. It is brings out the kid in all of us.
What about echoes of God. He is the great "I Am ". His presence resonates in the ocean waves and the thunder. The hope that rings clearly at dawn and the silky silence of a sunset.
My friend Nola shared this thought from James MacDonald:
"Circumstances change, happiness comes and goes - but God never changes and His joy is everlasting." [Hebrews 13:8, Isaiah 51:1 ]
Truth echoes from the Old Testament and into the New Testament. Unchanged.
Today, I am grateful for echoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment