Sunday, July 31, 2016

New Songs

Daily Gratitude Year 4- Day 211: Today, I am grateful for "new songs". 

I love music. It is my heart beat, my rhythm and my inspirations.  I literally...and this is scary...think in lyrics. 


Sometimes my lyrics are accurate. Sometimes, I make them up if I don't know them. Sometimes, I think I know them. It amuses my family to hear the mondgreen lyrics that roll off my tongue.

What is mondegreen? Mondegreen is a misunderstood or misinterpreted word or phrase resulting from a mishearing of the lyrics of a song.

I am grateful for new songs when Earworm gets stuck on one and I need a change. My assessment of a song is lyrically driving. It is why ballads are my favorite and I can find a great song in nearly any genre of music. New songs that make hits are rare. Not all great songs become hits. Some old songs are new songs to me. 

Right now, my "new song" is Crowder's "Lift Your Head Weary Sinner (Chains)". It is has a strong beat, soulful lyrics and an almost rockabilly sound. It is a really catchy tune and your earworm learns it quickly.  Not sure where the pros classify it, but it is my new power song. It speaks hope, redemption and strength. I have shared it before, but if you missed it...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgEAhVTjV44  


"
Lift your head weary sinner. The river's just ahead.

Down the path of forgiveness, salvation's waiting there.
You built a mighty fortress, 10,000 burdens high.
Love is here to lift you up, here to lift you high

If you lost and wandering, come stumbling like a prodigal child. See the walls start crumbling. Let's gates of glory open wide. If your lost and wrecked again, come stumbling in. See the walls start crumbling. Let's gates of glory open wide. " - David Crowder

Good stuff!  What walls do I build 10,000 burdens high? There is no weariness he cannot restore. 

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. -Matthew 11:28

What is your new song? It can be a new scripture or quote that you adopt as a motto. I keep inspiration at my computer desk at home and surrounding me at work. I have Psalm 46:10 across the top of my kitchen wall. "Be still and know I AM God."

"Just when my hallelujah was tired...you gave me a new song." 

Today, I am grateful for "new songs".


No comments:

Post a Comment