Monday, February 27, 2017

He Knows: Chance Encounters


Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 58: Today, I am grateful for chance encounters.

In this go fast life, it is so easy to miss important moments.

Yesterday... in Kroger... I encountered an old friend. We first met when over 25 years ago. How fast the time flies. We rarely cross paths, although we live in the same town. A chance meeting in Kroger was such a delight and good for my soul.

Funny how God does that. You see, I am not sure I believe those kinds of things are by chance. God places people in our paths when we need them the most. He often sends words of encouragement through others.

He is always with us... but we can't always always physically see or hear him. So, he orchestrates unplanned moments to fuel our weariness through his people.

When He works to the left, I cannot see Him. When He turns to the right, I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take.  -Job 23:9-10a 

Job again. Nuggets... there are nuggets of goodness in the book of Job. Sweet morsels of God's faithfulness. Job is a big picture story. He works, even when we cannot see him.Sometimes, he gives us just a glimpse.

Tiny glimpses of God's presence. I've heard them labeled as "God winks"... a St. Jude mom taught me that description. Some times God moves big... other times... he winks gently to remind us that we are not hidden from his sight.

A chance encounter that is good for our souls is my reminder that "He knows the way I take"... even at the corner of baby wipes and toothpaste. Sharing, caring and being present in the moment is priceless. I am still smiling.

Pause. Praise. Pray. Connect.

Today, I am grateful for chance encounters, and the knowledge they are not by chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment