Saturday, February 18, 2017

Hey Mountain...



Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 49: Today, I am grateful I can tell my mountain about my God!

Somedays the mountains look really big and I feel really small.  Sometimes, I bite off more than I can chew... but my God never fails and always comes through. 

Mountains, missions, my agendas and the Mighty Majesty of God... it is all pretty overwhelming at times. Then, I remember. I am not in charge of the universe. That job is filled and He never fails. I have to learn to trust the God who moves mountains, parts seas and allows us to walk on water. 

Trust is the key. Do I keep the key hidden in my pocket for fear it won't unlock the door, or do I courageously pull it out and try? What feels and looks like failure in my eyes, may be simply be a detour. My God is King and if he directs a detour... I will walk the path. 


Lauren Daigle's song "I Will Trust In You" is pretty powerful. 

"When you don't move the mountains
I'm needing you to move
When you don't part the waters
I wish I could walk through
When you don't give the answers
As I cry out to you
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in you"

What a great prayer that is to pray. With trust comes rest...peace... and hope. 

Today, I am grateful I can tell my mountain about my God!


No comments:

Post a Comment