Friday, February 10, 2017

Roll With It



Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 41: Today, I am grateful a lesson in learning to roll. 

One of the biggest battles in my heart and in my mind is the one for control of how life rolls. I love a plan, but things rarely work out exactly as we hoped. The road twists and turns. That's life. 

Why do I so often forget that all I have to do is grab a piece of "The Rock" and learn how to roll? Yes, it is that easy to reduce stress, anxiety and find peace in the moment. So, why is it so stinking hard?


Free will was given as a gift, is the very thing that I exercise to fight His best for this life, this year, this month, this day... and this moment. 

Sometimes, you just have to roll with it. In that "let it be" moment... the spirit finds new energy. The soul can soar to new heights. The moment might not be a part of my grand plan, but if it is a gift from His hand, it is a worth the time to embrace it.


Learning to go with the flow... and not against it... momentum grows. Aren't life's sweetest moments often granted in the unexpected. 

This past advent season, I learned a new prayer. I've read it hundreds of times, but this time it meant a little more. It is Mary's simple prayer... rich with trust, hope and faith... that blows me away. The key words are "Let it be". (Earworm is now singing a Beatles song but the same name.)

Let it be. Thy will be done. Same thing. Such a prayer seems simple, but it overflows with faith, strength and courage. It is submission to a sovereign God. 

And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. Luke 1:38


"Let it be to me according to your word." His Word versus fighting for my grand plans. God's desire  for Mary was not to break her will and break her down. No... it was that in Him she would find more. And, she did.  

Mary... and wonderful Joseph... trusted God and learned to roll with the flow. What a love story. What an adventure! Not what they had planned on, but so much more. 

This song I find comes to mind often. It is a prayer song for me. I love Natalie Grant lyrics. She somehow manages to bring human emotion to the spiritual plane. Here are some of the lyrics:

KING OF THE WORLD (Natalie Grant)
I tried to fit you in the walls inside my mind 
I try to keep you safely in between the lines
I try to put you in the box that I've designed
I try to pull you down so we are eye to eye
When did I forget that you've always been the king of the world?
I try to take life back right out of the hands of the king of the world
How could I make you so small
When you're the one who holds it all
When did I forget that you've always been the king of the world
Just a whisper of your voice can tame the seas
So who am I to try to take the lead
Still I run ahead and think I'm strong enough
When you're the one who made me from the dust
Oh, You set it all in motion
Every single moment
You brought it all to be
And You're holding on to me
You can listen to it here. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K7kplxNM48
Yes, learning to "roll with it" means bend our knees... then standing tall, throwing our hands in the air, spinning around and shouting "Plot Twist". What a dance life becomes when we give it freely over to the master choreographer... the King of the World. 
I am still learning. It is a daily adventure. When I trust His heart... in time... it always comes out right. 
Today, I am grateful a lesson in learning to roll.



No comments:

Post a Comment