Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Plants That Repel Mosquitoes

Gratitude Year 12 - Day 72: Today, I am grateful for plants that repel mosquitoes.

Warmer weather has me thinking about evenings on the patio. If it is nice, Randy and I eat out there most evenings. We love sitting under the pergola at the end of the day. Food tastes better outdoors. The only downside is the mosquitoes.

We grow mosquitoes fairly large in Illinois. They drive me crazy. I seem to be more susceptible than Randy. Did you know there are plants you can add to your landscape to ward off the unwanted mosquitoes?

Last year I planted lemongrass and citronella to deter the pesky bugs. There was a bit of basil too. I think this year I will be more intentional and add in some lavender, rosemary and lemon thyme to the mix.

Spring plantings are just around the corner. The ambitious will start from seeds. I will make my way the local garden centers to capture my favorites.

The land produced vegetation—all sorts of seed-bearing plants, and trees with seed-bearing fruit. Their seeds produced plants and trees of the same kind. And God saw that it was good. -Genesis 1:12

Some plants are really good!

Today, I am grateful for plants that repel mosquitoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment