Friday, March 1, 2024

The Other Realm

 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 61: Today, I am grateful for "the other realm."

Today is Sally's second Birthday in Heaven. The day started with between three of us who miss her every single day. We were friends for nearly every decade of our lives. Each one was a blessing. Nearly 50 years of earthly years of friendship went by in a blink. 

We know she is happy, whole and in the presence of Jesus. It makes me feel selfish, but I miss her. We miss her. I know for her family, the vacancy in their earthly days must feel deep and wide. I am grateful for their faith. I will continue to pray for them all. 

Old friendships are so special. "Golden" is what one poet wrote. We shared childhood secrets and adult trials. We lived. We laughed. We loved. We hungered to understand His Word better. We prayed for each other's children, family, and other loved ones. I miss the conversations. 

Now, Sally has seen His face. She knows what it means to be in the presence of the mighty one. We really can only imagine it. Not even John's words can do it justice. 

Corrie Ten Boom was a inspiration:

"The wonderful thing about praying is that you leave a world of not being able to do something, and enter God's realm where everything is possible. Nothing is to great for His almighty power. Nothing is too small for His love." - Corrie Ten Boom

Nothing is too great. Nothing is too small. In His realm, everything is possible. 

Today, I am grateful for "the other realm."

No comments:

Post a Comment