Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Puzzles

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 73: Today, I am grateful for puzzles.

I enjoy puzzles and mysteries. I like to figure things out before the solution is revealed. It is a good way to keep our brains active. Wordle is the latest word puzzle I use to relax. Some find it frustrating. I find it a way to unwind.

I have a fun memory of playing puzzles with Randy's side of the family a few years ago at our Craig and Monica's house (our nephew, niece, and great-niece, Addy, too). It is not something we get to do often, but we were gathered to grieve and had some extra time. It was a perfect way to hang out together with all ages.

The puzzle was a Florida map. Many conversations grew out of the places on the map of Florida. We shared memories and laughter. We made more memories. I can hear Lola and Sheryl saying, "Randy!" in a way that only sisters can.

There are times puzzles are hard to figure out. It often seems the pieces do not fit together as they should. There are times when a piece does not seem right, but it fits perfectly in the end.

It is a perfect metaphor of God's hand in the plan of our world and or lives. We tend to think we our the center of the universe. In our own families, we have to adjust if a family member has special needs or is simply struggling. Imagine being the Creator of the Universe and trying to balance one treasured child's needs against the other?

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." - Romans 8:28

I am grateful for the promise that even in the hard days, our God is working things out. I am grateful he designed us with a sense of curiosity and the desire to solve puzzles and mysteries.

Today, I am grateful for puzzles.


No comments:

Post a Comment