Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Perfect Faithfulness: The Crocus

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 65: Today, I am grateful for perfect faithfulness. 

Our crocus just came up. I have always thought of them as brave little flowers. They are one of the first flowers to break out on the cusp of Spring. I am particularly fond of the purple color in this image. Not all of them are bright. 

Did you know that precious spice, saffron, comes from the stamen of the crocus flower? I didn't.

 Randy knew it. He probably learned it while watching Alton Brown. Something about that little bit of learning resonates with my soul. 

The crocus is such a humble little flower, yet it produces a spice that may be more precious than gold. It is the most expensive spice in the world. From something that appears insignificant, comes something treasured. 

His faithfulness is part of the process. His hand is on the crocus flower, and it is on us, too. 

Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago. -Isaiah 25:1

 Today, I am grateful for perfect faithfulness. 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment