Friday, March 15, 2024

Sunscreen

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 75: Today, I am grateful for sunscreen.

I love the sun. I do not like being sunburned. In this chapter of my life, I do not want to speed the aging process. Sunscreen is my friend.

Back around 1997, Mary Schmich wrote a book called, Wear Sunscreen (A Primer for Real Life). If I recall, it was a graduation address. Someone was smart enough to encourage her to put it in a book. It is full of advice for the young just starting out. Wear sunscreen is the last tidbit of advice given.

Sunscreen should be common sense, but it is sometimes an afterthought. I don't like how it feels. I do appreciate the benefits.

Love the sun, but respect it, too. And don't forget the sunscreen. There are times we all need shelter.

"For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock." -Psalm 27:5

That passage reminds me to be grateful for shelter and protection. 

Today, I am grateful for sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment