Friday, January 27, 2017

Create Your Own Sunshine

(Instagram image by bossgirlbojo and inspired by heartistic.jess)

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 27: Today, I am grateful we can create our own sunshine.
By this time of the winter, I am desperate for light. Natural sunlight is mood impacting. It is not just the warmth, but the restorative nature of light. Light changes things.

It changes an underexposed photograph.
It changes a cold room to a welcoming one.
It warms even the coldest days.

You do not have to consider yourself an artist. You are an artist because you are created in "His image". Some have not discovered that within each of us is the power to create beautiful things. Not all of them will do so through art mediums like paint, clay and pen.(Some of my friends make beautifully clean and organized closets) But, just for today... consider this image.

It is one half circle... about thirty-three lines and some numbers. Created with multicolored pens... or highlighters. Seriously... you can do this. What if a bunch of us took this as a "February Sunshine" challenge. That way... it is only 28 days. I think I am going to do that. We have the weekend to draw a circle and some lines.

This image records actions, experiences or thoughts that added sunshine to the day. Most of them could be counted as a reason to be grateful, too.

If you are feeling discouraged or pressed in on by the cold days of winter, it is a good time to push back. We can fan into flame the gifts of God that literally change the emotional climate.

When I looked up 2 Timothy 1:7 to quote it correctly... I discovered it is in one of Paul's precious letters to Timothy.
It is a letter of love and encouragement. It, also, whispers courage and contentment. Well, that is what I need this time of year. Courage and contentment for the short days in the long winter.
Verse six... well... it was the icing on the cake. "Fan into flame the gift of God, it is in you..." What? Yes... read it for yourself:

For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. -2 Timothy 1:6-7

Let chosing to make a little sunshine fan into flame the gift of God. He refers to prayers for healing...but, also, being fearless with our love and powerful through self-control.
We can be "Salt and Light".
We can endure the fire and the flames... because he wants to see His reflection in us.
We can change our small, assigned corner of the world with a little love and self-control.
The Son's light is our sunlight... even in dark days. We plug in through prayer.
He is our enough. Be fearless. Be the light.
I won't ask you to "Sign up" but at the end of February, I will post my sun. I would love to see others images added in the comments. I may use highlighters. They are perfect for this art project.
Today, I am grateful we can create our own sunshine... because of the Son.



No comments:

Post a Comment