Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Omnipresence: Always Present


Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 25: Today, I am grateful for omnipresence. 

With our God... we are never alone. 

There are moments when the knowledge that God is ever present and ever watching are behaviour altering. It should be. 

We are called according to His purpose, but my purpose does get in the way at times. Still... he patiently waits and whispers, "I AM... with you."

There are moment that whisper is the only thing we have to hold on to. 

January is slipping away and the advent season has been largely forgotten. The sparkle, the tinsel and the shine. The moments of pondering what the birth of a baby boy would mean to his little blue planet. 

Step back a little further in time to Jacob... who in the 35th chapter of Genesis was coming to a place of understanding that our God is omnipresent. Not just in the crisis and distress moments, but every step of the way. It is in this chapter that God renames him and calls him Israel. 

In Genesis 32... Jacob wrestles with God... and that is what Israel means. "Triumphant with God.". He wrestled with "a man" all night and realized he had seen the face of God. The knowledge how God was with him changed that night.  

It changed who Jacob was when he knelt before God. In the humility of worship, he found a strength and a life he had not known before. He would build God an altar to remember God who was always with him. 

Then come, let us go up to Bethel, where I will build an altar to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and who has been with me wherever I have gone." Genesis 35:3

Intentional worship.
Gratitude and humility.
God was, is and will be always with him.
With us. 

Hang on. Hang out. Hang in. Just BE. The great I AM calls us to simply BE. In Him and with Him we find our sanctuary. 

Today, I am grateful for omnipresence


No comments:

Post a Comment