Thursday, January 5, 2017

Dressember is over!

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 5: Today, I am grateful Dressember 2016 is over... and for A21 and IJM.

It is a wee bit snowy this morning and I am going to NOT be wearing a dress. I often wear a dress 5/7 days in a week, but it is purely by choice. No one tells me what to wear or how to dress. Making the choice each day in December made me very conscious of those without protection, people with no choice or hope as they are enslaved in human trafficking. 

Dressember 2016 has raised 
$1,403,454 / $1,500,000 of their goal this year. My team, the Illinois Dress Fighters raised $2350.19 of which I was a very small portion, but every dollar counts. Thanks to all who help our team. Globally, Dressember 2016 has nearly met their campaign goal. The money raised will fund A21(www.a21.org) and IJM (www.ijm.org). Both organizations are making a very tangible difference.


Dressember is over... but the work is not done and I find my prayers continue for the efforts. 


This scripture came popped up as my verse for the day. I thought it was perfect: 

Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes; cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause. -Isaiah 1:16-17

Wash... make clean... remove... cease to do evil... learn... seek... correct... bring justice... and plead the cause. 

A21 & IJM are marching against man's ability to act beastly toward other humans. Widows and orphans are still some of the most vulnerable in any culture, as their living circumstances are volatile. Not just in far away places, but right here inside our borders. 

A21 & IJM  are working to remove and fight the evils of slavery beyond the rescue. They are fighting for those with no voice and no power in the court systems. They are fighting to give hurting, wounded souls new life. They win some... and they lose some. Corruption can run deep. They don't give up. 

The rescue is just the beginning. Supporting restoration through counseling, education, jobs and a commitment beyond the rescue. Healing takes time. Hope and help make all the difference. 

I am glad I participated... but I am glad my 31 days in a dress are finished.  

Today, I am grateful Dressember is over... and for the work of A21 and IJM.

No comments:

Post a Comment