Friday, January 6, 2017

It's a Ten

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 6: Today, I am grateful for hair products that make me feel presentable. 


God granted me a very full head of very fine hair. Actually,  I am not sure if it is a blessing or a curse. Except, I know better.  

Hair has an impact on how we feel about ourselves and 20 years working in the cancer field taught me that although it is "only hair", it does impact our self image. It is a mind battle more than a hair battle, when the hair begins to fall out.  Any day with hair can feel like a good day. 

Truly... after time, I could not have told you who was bald and who had hair. It was the person we came to know,love... and to see. Not the hair. Hair is just an accessory. 

I always smile when people learn to embrace baldness and recognize that beauty comes from the inside out. It is so freeing! Still, since I have hair... I have to manage it. 

I am grateful for the products that work. This one works miracles for me. I was terrified to spray it in and leave it. After all, I grew up rinsing conditioners. Change is hard. Change is scary. Courage to change has made such a difference in my daily hair battles. . 

I didn't mean for this to be an advertisement for a particular product, but a friend and I were talking about it yesterday. Everyone find their sweet spot with different products. They aren't the most important thing in the world, but on the other hand, they relieve us some distress. That is good, right?

"Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows." -Luke 12:7 

Our hair is important to God, too. Actually, the message is that he cares about he smallest details of our lives. 

Some find glorious freedom in baldness. Others... like me, are grateful for products that save the day. 

Today, I am grateful for hair products that make me feel presentable and make it all seem easy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment