Monday, November 14, 2022

Strength of Soul

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 317: Today, I am grateful for  strength of soul.

"I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart;  I will sing your praises before the gods. I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.  I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed  by all the honor of your name.  As soon as I pray, you answer me;  you encourage me by giving me strength." -Psalm 138:1-3 

Different translations use the phrase  "strength in my soul".  This is one of those passages I love to read in many translations to capture the full meaning. There are semicolons, too! The written pause declares we need to slow down and take it all in. 

Some days are beautiful; some days are bitter and hard. In all of our days, He promises to be with us for encouragement and strength. Those who truly seek Him, find their way. When we come into His presence and bow  at the throne of grace and mercy, we cannot help but be encouraged. 

He pours strength into us and we grow. We can sing our praise to the Lord! 

Today, I am grateful for  strength of soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment