Sunday, November 6, 2022

Area Code 309

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 309: Today, I am grateful for 309!

Area code 309 is the telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan for the west-central part of the U.S. state of Illinois. The 309 Area Code includes: Bloomington, Canton, East Moline, East Peoria, Galesburg, Kewanee, Macomb, Minonk, Moline, Morton, Normal, Pekin, Peoria, Rock Island, Silvis, and many smaller communities within the western part of central Illinois.

An area code represents where you live. It can quickly bring strangers into conversations when phone numbers are shared. Our area codes link us to others with shared experiences.

I grew up with 815, on the edge of 312. Just south of Chicago in a rural setting. I remember feeling strange learning a phone number with 309 as the area code. Now, it represents where I have lived almost two-thirds of my life.

We are not numbers, but numbers are a part of our lives. 309 is a part of our story. It connects us to a place and a culture. Food is an important part of any culture. Kitchen Cooked, Avanti's, Quad City Style Pizza, Beer Nuts, Libby's Pumpkins, and Caterpillar are deeply rooted in the area code 309.

The places, the memories the people and so much more.

"I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart; " - Psalm 138:1a

Today, I am grateful for 309!

No comments:

Post a Comment